Register for the Ryte Newsletter
Get the latest SEO and website quality news! Exclusive content and Ryte news delivered to your inbox, every month.
SEO software or SEO tools provide important metrics for the search engine optimization of websites.
Features of SEO software
SEO software helps webmasters to analyze their websites regarding key figures that are relevant for the onpage and offpage optimization of a web page. SEO tools can also help with link building. SEO software enables efficient website analysis, resulting in significant time and cost savings. SEO programs can be used in the following areas:
- Visibility: Many SEO tools determine, based on various criteria, how visible a website or a particular subpage is in the Google index. These programs use numerous routines and algorithms, which usually result in a number that quantifies the visibility of a website. To understand the relevance of these figures, it can help to compare your project with industry-specific websites.
- Site structure: The structure of a website can be decisive for its placement in the SERPs. SEO tools will clearly list how the heading tags or metadata are used. Some tools also help to analyze the source code.
- Backlink structure: Websites need backlinks to rank well for certain keywords or to improve trust. With a backlink tool, external incoming links to a website can be precisely determined.
- Competitive analysis: Analyzing the competition can help webmasters adjust their SEO strategy especially when trying to gain visibility for keywords with high monetary value.
- Keyword identification: Finding the right keywords is vital when building and optimizing a web project. SEO software supports copywriters and webmasters in the creation of optimized content.
- Monitoring: Search engine optimization is a continuous process. SEO software can perform important monitoring tasks, for example monitoring backlinks or the placement of individual keywords or keyword sets.
SEO software differs in pricing. Generally, the price depends on the type of program and the scope of its functions. As a rule, web-based tools can be used for a monthly flat rate or with booked credits. SEOs and webmasters should test different offers to find the right tool for them.
Some search engine operators, such as Google or Bing, offer their own free-of-charge programs in their webmaster tools, which provide some important metrics for the search engine optimization of a website.
Benefits of SEO software
Using SEO software has many advantages. The most important factor is saved time, which results in cost savings. If you only want to manage a small website and monitor the positions of 10 main keywords, you will be able to do this manually. But as soon as the project becomes bigger or you have multiple websites, certain tasks can only be carried out with the help of reliable tools.
Another advantage SEO software is greater clarity. In most cases, relevant data can easily be exported into popular office formats and shared with team members and clients.
The two major search engines Google and Bing provide webmasters with reliable website performance tools. The SEO software is free of charge and can be used after registration by anyone.
Google Ads Keyword Planner
Google designed this tool to make Google Ads campaigns more efficient. You can search for relevant keywords, analyze their demand, and build campaigns and ad groups. If you are already using a Google Account and are registered for Ads, you can also use the Keyword Planner as an SEO tool. It provides valuable information about the search volume of a keyword on a monthly basis. Based on your analysis, you can adjust your content to be an even more effective as an element of on page optimization. By analyzing individual keywords or keyword combinations, SEOs can discover additional and previously unrecognized optimization potential.
Google Search Console
The free Google Search Console (short: GSC) is a central hub for the optimization of websites for technical aspects and content. After registering a website, users receive important information regarding the number of indexed pages or crawl errors. The webmaster tools are also the first starting point for link cleansing in case of a penalty or warning about unnatural links.
For beginners, the Data-Highlighter makes it easy to mark structured data without having to adapt the source code. The GSC can then be used to check whether the markup of structured data works.
An important feature of the free SEO tool are the HTML enhancements. The Webmaster Tools provide hints concerning the optimization potential of the website meta-specifications.
Bing Webmaster Tools
The Bing Webmaster Tools are similar to the Google Webmaster Tools. In some areas, such as the Link Explorer, the Bing Webmaster Tools offer even more usability. To use the free analysis program, the user must have a valid Microsoft account and register their website. Many different functions are then available, such as the SEO Analyzer, which can be used to analyze the subpages of the registered website regarding important or missing metadata. The tool provides an overview of how the website currently looks and with one click the source code can be examined directly.
The Keyword Research Tool is also useful. It is similar to the functionality of Google’s Keyword Planner, but is integrated into Bing’s Webmaster Tools. The Keyword Research Tool provides information on the query volume of certain keywords.
Ryte is an SEO tool that helps webmasters monitor, analyze and optimize the key elements of a website. With Ryte, webmasters can easily find technical errors, optimize content, and evaluate and improve their website's performance in Google. The different packages available, from free to business suite, make Ryte a tool for all businesses, agencies, and freelancers.